Current Status: Accepting review requests (01 April 2016)
I am happy to receive book review requests from both authors and publishers. Please take the time to read this review policy in its entirety before submitting a request. It will save you and me time as I will not be able to consider any books for review that disregard the information detailed here.
Books that Spark focuses on Young Adult fiction. To learn more about the blog and its background, please check out the about page.
Young Adult Subgenres Accepted:
- Science Fiction
Genres Not Accepted:
- Gore Horror
- Middle Grade
- Self-Published (all genres)
- Short Stories
Please Note: If a book is a part of a series, if applicable I will need to have read all preceding titles. I will not read series out of sequence.
- Ebooks (compatible with Kindle)
I will accept both ARCs and published works.
What to Expect:
- A review that is honest. I can’t promise to love your book and I will never forfit my own – or this blogs – integrity by pretending that I did. Every review I write is based on my personal opinion and it is likely that it will differ from other peoples. If I loved a book, I will definitely say so and why. Likewise, if I didn’t love a book, I will say so and why. I am not a professional writer or reviewer. All I can do is be honest and let readers of Books that Spark know how I feel about the books I read. It is their right to form their own opinion, as it is mine. That being said, I will never post a review thats only aim is to be negative. Every review I write is my personal opinion. I cannot ignore that while a book might not be for me, there will be others who might like it. How I present my personal opinion will always be subjective, constructive and fair.
- Alongside the review I will include relevant details about a book. This will include the cover image, book title, author name, series information (if applicable) and publication details. I cross-post all reviews to GoodReads and often will include a link to the relevant Amazon UK page. If it is your preference for me to post the review elsewhere also, please mention so when submitting a review request and I will try my best to accommodate.
- I aim to review books in a timely manner but unfortunately I am unable to commit to a specific date. Reading and writing is a passion I can focus on in the limited free time I have. I have work and other life commitments to fulfil also. That means I cannot dedicate one hundred percent of my time to reading and writing, despite a very strong desire to do so. Therefore, I please ask for understanding and appreciation that the review process can take some time. If there is a date when you would like the review of your book to feature, please mention this when submitting your request and when I can, I will do my best to meet your expectations.
- I use social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to talk about books too. If I read your book, there is a good chance I will mention it on these platforms also.
Important Things to Consider:
- An accepted review request does not mean I will review the book. On the rare occasion I feel unable to invest in a book and am unable to complete it, I do not feel it would be right to review. I cannot give a fair review on a book I have not completed. I might still decide to feature the book on the blog in another capacity explaining why I was unable to complete it.
- I have mentioned this earlier but I must stress that I am not willing to read a series out of sequence. I am not one of those readers who can pick up book two, three or seven etc. in a series and read. If you wish me to review a book that is part of a series and it is not the first instalment, please refer to my GoodReads page to see if I have read the preceding books. If not, I am unable to read or review your book if the other titles are unable to be provided as well.
- I am also happy to work with authors and publishers on other promotional features, such as interviews and contests. For more information please refer to the promotional options page and mention any interest you might have when submitting a book for review.
- If I do not respond to your review request and you have taken into account everything that this review policy says, please feel free to resubmit your request after a minimum of one month. I am human and sometimes review requests can get missed but I must stress that this is very unlikely. If I have not responded, the chances are that some part of this policy has been ignored.
- Please submit your request using the form below. Requests sent to the email address on the contact page will be ignored.
Submit a Review Request: